On The Land Consent Form
On The Land is a podcast created to center Indigenous voices and our relationships and experiences with our lands and waters. Our being is rooted to land and water despite generations of attempted and forced genocide, removal, assimilation and colonization. On The Land offers a contemporary understanding of what it means to be Indigenous and live in relation to what is often known as the “outdoors” or “the wild.” In this time of political and climate insecurity, On The Land allows us the space to explore our relations to the land as it shifts and readjusts under the pressures of man-made climate change.
On The Land understands that often our voices and as Indigenous people have not been recognized, heard, or recorded accurately by media, textbooks, anthropologists and scientists. We come from long lines of stolen stories and songs. On The Land seeks to subvert the colonial modes of knowledge production and acquisition. We thereby see this process as a collaboration between On The Land and Storytellers.
We uphold the right of every Storyteller to:
- Have access to questions before the interview and edit them as they see fit
- Have access to recorded materials
- Work with the host to edit their materials
- Review the edited materials before the release of the podcast
- Withdraw their consent at any point in the process
- On The Land will be made accessible on a number of audio platforms including but not limited to Spotify, Apple Music, Sound Cloud, Patreon, and on On The Land’s personal website onthelandpod.com.
- The Storyteller will provide a bio and any photos that they wish to be featured alongside their episode for onthelandpod.com and has the option to post additional written materials or feature artwork on their Storytellers page on the platform.
- On The Land will be able to use any photographs, materials, and audio recordings gathered and collaborated on with the Storyteller to promote the podcast on social media with consent.
- On The Land does not have the ability to compensate for time through monetary means at this time. We are in the process however of establishing relationships in the outdoor industry to set up a system of gifting for the time and energy expended by Storytellers.